'Round here we are always talking about the ring. The stones, the settings - it's all about the bling. But what about the proposal? Likely one of the most stressful moments in a guy's life is to have to come up with a game plan, be it simple or crazy elaborate, say a few fairly intelligent words and get down on one knee. We've had a few of our clients send us their proposal videos, and they get me every time. (I didn't cry during my proposal, but I do at nearly every other one, and that my friends, is a story for another day.) To be a part of such an incredibly intimate moment in a couple's life is amazing. That you chose us to make your ring, trusting us to create a symbol of your commitment, seriously man, it's just killer, and we love that shit. (I can't get too sappy, c'mon.)
Here are 2 of our fav proposal videos, completely different, and both absolutely epic. The dapper fellow in the first video proposed with our stunning 2 carat NEO Moissanite Jada engagement ring. The romantic gentleman in the 2nd vid proposed with a custom 2.5 carat princess cut Amora Gem Shay ring.
After you check those out, you simply MUST watch the third video below, it's a "realistic proposal", and it's hilarious. This video is for those of us who have been married for, ahem, a long ass time.
Our 10 awesome proposal tips are below the vids.
Epic Proposal Tips
- Chat with her friends and family, to find out the deets on what ring she wants, make sure it includes a moissanite. Figure out how to use Pinterest and look that shit up. Then buy it from us.
- Once you get the ring, guard that sucker like your life depends on it.
- Have a chat with her parents. Old school, but key.
- Grow a beard. (Oh wait, that's only if you are proposing to me. *snort*)
- Don't ask the question if you don't know the answer.
- Only go public if it's a lock.
- You do not need to drop a lot of cash for an epic proposal. Put some damn thought into it, and boom.
- Practice, out loud. Yeah, you'll look like a fool doing it, but practice makes perfect and you don't wanna call her Jen if her name is Jan.
- Take a knee. Corny? Yes. Romantic? Abso-frickin-lutely.
- Breathe. There is a chance you are gonna fuck it up, and that's ok. She loves you (see #5), and if you really fuck it up, have a laugh, stand back up and plant a big juicy one on her. Hopefully with a beard.